Tintri Named a Visionary on 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays
., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced the company’s debut as a Visionary in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
The Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays recognizes the Tintri VMstore T5000 all-flash series, with three models starting at 17 TB and expanding up to 308 TB in just two rack units. The T5000 series was released in September 2015 — built on Tintri’s long-standing and award-winning VM-aware architecture — it was updated with expansion capabilities, predictive analytics and scale-out technologies in May 2016.
The Tintri VM-aware storage platform delivers three key benefits that enable enterprises and cloud service providers to build their own Amazon-like cloud infrastructure for diverse virtualized workloads: (1) Agility — spin up and tear down hundreds or thousands of virtual machines in minutes. (2) Automation — establish groups of virtual machines and assign policies such as replication and quality of service that remain in place even as the environment grows from 500 virtual machines to 5,000 and beyond. (3) Scale — scale-out to 10 PB and 160,000 virtual machines, all managed from one central console by just one employee. The all-flash T5000 series can be matched with Tintri VMstore T800 hybrid arrays in a loosely coupled, federated pool to optimize the placement of every virtual machine for both cost and performance.
The T5000 series includes recent storage innovations such as:
· VM-aware storage to provide all storage operations, including replication, cloning and quality of service (QoS) at the VM or vDisk level
· VM Scale-out technology to optimize the placement of every virtual machine across a pool of VMstore storage
· Predictive analytics and what-if modeling to forecast the impact of changes to the virtual environment and to determine precise needs for storage capacity and performance
· Performance isolation for all virtual machines with VM-level QoS to guarantee performance of individual virtual machines
· Support for multiple, concurrent hypervisors including vSphere, Hyper-V, OpenStack, RHEV and XenServer, with deep ecosystem integration
Tintri is currently trusted with 500,000 virtual machines and 70 PB of data by leading organizations, including seven of the Fortune 15. This most recent Gartner recognition is in addition to Tintri’s position as a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays each of the past two years.
“We consider our position as a Visionary proof that Tintri is shaking up conventional storage,” said Ken Klein, chairman and CEO of Tintri. “Customers can do things with Tintri that are not possible with other platforms: scale-out to 10 PB without additional headcount, see the behavior of every individual virtual machine and even guarantee the performance of their applications. We feel inclusion in the 2016 Magic Quadrant is an auspicious debut for Tintri, and a sign of more innovation to come.”
1. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays, Valdis Filks, Joseph Unsworth, Arun Chandrasekaran. 22 August 2016
2. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays, Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox, Valdis Filks, Santhosh Rao. 21 October 2015
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Tintri builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri VM-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, F5 Networks, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximize their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit and follow us on Twitter: .