Web-Access Tops Location, Transportation and Office Amenities in WiredScore Survey of Workers and Decision-Makers
NEW YORK, June 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ – The old real estate mantra of “Location, Location, Location” is apparently changing, as 78 percent of office workers ranked access to reliable internet connection as the most important factor in selecting office space and doing business, according to a new survey of office workers and corporate real estate decision-makers conducted by WiredScore, the first and only provider of a standardized rating system designed to identify, evaluate and certify commercial buildings with the fastest and most reliable internet connections.
The survey shows office location decision-makers now rank connectivity as more important than transportation, leasing options, management, amenities, views and environmental sustainability.
WiredScore released the findings of its survey conducted earlier this year on the state of office connectivity. Nearly 450 participants comprised of office workers and decision makers weighed in to provide their thoughts on office connectivity and the role it plays in their company’s day-to-day work.
Some of the survey results include:
- Reliable connectivity is the #1 most important influencing factor for workers in selecting office space, ahead of transportation, location, amenities, views and environmental sustainability.
- 97% of office workers and office location decision-makers surveyed consider high-speed, reliable internet
connectivity a critical factor in choosing their office space.
- Office workers consider reliable connectivity ”
critical” to doing business by a more than 2 to 1 margin over office location decision makers, 78% to 31%
- Less than half of all location decision makers receive detailed information on connectivity services prior to signing their office lease, and more than a quarter receive no guidance
- Connectivity outages and slowness disrupt business at least once a month on average, and more than twice a week for 1 in 4 respondents.
- More than half of office workers (61%) admit they stop working and waste time when the internet goes down.
“WiredScore is excited to share the findings of our first annual State of Office Connectivity survey, with the goal of making landlords, brokers and all businesses more aware of the role Internet connectivity infrastructure plays in their lives,” said Arie Barendrecht, CEO and co-founder of WiredScore. “There is a major lack of information and transparency in this space, and WiredScore is proud to bridge the gap, resulting in better information and ultimately improved Internet connectivity in offices.”
Other highlights from the report include:
- A decrease in productivity: Office workers reported a 60 percent drop in productivity when internet access was slow or out. During that time, 61 percent stop working or waste time on other activities.
- Level of disruption: Two-thirds of respondents reported they experience internet outages more than once a month.
Wired Certification provides owners, asset managers and leasing brokers with a revolutionary new tool in leasing and marketing of their properties, as well as assures prospective tenants that certified buildings provide the access to the most cutting-edge, high-quality and reliable internet services available. For more information on how WiredScore can help your office property attract new tenants, make current tenants happier and increase property values, visit: http://wiredscore.com/